Social Media and Your Business
Whether you are part of a small, medium, or giant business, or are an individual entrepreneur, your customers are using social media, and there’s no reason you shouldn’t be, too. It is affordable and cost effective marketing and it can have an enormous financial impact on your business.
Your customers and your competition are already involved in social media.
Here are some quick tips about social media:
- Social networks allow you to build direct and personal relationships with your customers.
- People should have profiles; companies should have pages.
- Set-it-and-forget-it is not a good social network marketing strategy. Be active with updates and interaction.
- Know your audience and select the social networks where they can be found.
- Understand the special features offered by social networks and use them.
- Don’t excessively use public or private messaging systems (spam) — use them only for the good stuff.
- Motivate your fans to create content on social networking sites for you. Organic content is much more convincing.
- Give your fans a place to interact with your company and one another.